We will be closed on Monday, September 3rd, for Labor Day. Please have a safe and fun weekend!
Everyone loves to save money. When you make modifications to your home, you should update your policy. This can be a big money saver. Today's tips come from Yahoo! (Here is the link for more information). These are just a few reasons that changes to your home can be a big help when premiums are due. Call the office if you need any updates.
1. You've remodeled. We want to make sure that the new bathroom (which doubles as an at home spa) is covered in case something should happen.
2. You've purchased a big ticket item. Items such as televisions or that Valentine's Day jewelry may need extra coverage.
3. You've improved the safety of your home. Who likes discounts? That's what we thought. Safety improvements such as security alarms could give you a discount on your policy.
4. You've had a lifestyle change. People usually have belongings. Kids who move out take their belongings with them. This means less to insure.
5. You've brought Fido or Fluffy home from the pet store. Policies may carry liability coverage for pets in case of litigation.
Once you've updated your policy. Remember to update your home inventory! Check out our post from August 13th.
Today's article comes from Business News Dailey. The article highlights a new study that 56 percent of employees estimate that they waste up to $750 a year on insurance costs. About one in four employees surveyed made mistakes in choosing the wrong level of coverage. Common mistakes include less knowledge of how their policy changed each year, choosing a higher deductible than necessary, or not using their flexible spending accounts as they should.
Are you prepared? Call the office for any questions. For the complete article, click here.
We've previously stressed on our website the importance of making a home inventory. In case of a burglary, fire, or another disaster, a detailed inventory of all valuables in the home can make the claims process move faster and more efficiently. Walk through the home, room by room and take a list of all valuables. It is important to look at your big ticket items and make sure you have enough coverage for them. Pictures and video are also helpful.
When it comes time to make and store that list, we recommend knowyourstuff.org. This is an online home inventory website from the Insurance Information Institute. Account members can access their inventory from anywhere; organize their home by room or categories, and upload pictures, receipts, and appraisals. There's even a section to store all of your insurance agents contact information. The best part is that it's free!
Be sure to get one completed as soon as possible. Call the office for any and all policy questions.