Commercial Insurance

Becoming a business owner is exciting but with your new adventure comes responsibility. To alleviate the pressures of unforeseen circumstances that could take place, you should have a commercial insurance policy in place.

Iowa Commercial Insurance Requirements

If you have one or more employees working for you at your business, the state of Iowa requires that you have workers’ compensation insurance. This will cover your employees' medical bills if they are injured on the job or become ill due to something connected to their job.

In Iowa, you must have at least liability commercial auto insurance on all vehicles that are owned by your business. This type of insurance will cover the other people involved in an accident caused by you or one of your employees and includes payments for any injuries they sustain and to damage to their vehicles or property. You should also ensure that there is at least liability coverage on any personal vehicles that are driven for work-related purposes for your business.

Other Coverage Options

There are several other types of commercial insurance coverage you can choose from for your business. This includes liability and medical payment insurance policies that will help cover any injuries sustained by a customer or visitor to your business or to someone who is injured because of an accident involving your business. You can also obtain a policy to cover theft or break-in of your business as well as property insurance in the case of a fire, vandalism, or natural disaster.

To create the best commercial insurance policy for your business, enlist the assistance of an experienced commercial insurance agent. The agents at the Butterbaugh Insurance Center in Iowa are ready to serve all your commercial insurance needs and to provide you with the peace of mind you deserve. Call for an appointment to meet with one of our agents today!