Renters Insurance

If you rent an apartment, mobile home, condominium, or another rental home, you should really consider obtaining a renter’s insurance policy. Your landlord or leasing company has an insurance policy that will cover the structures on the property if it is damaged but their policy will not cover your personal belongings, including electronics, furniture, appliances, clothing, and other items that you have worked hard to obtain.

What Does a Renters Insurance Policy Cover?

A renter’s insurance policy will cover all the items in your home that belong to you and are not related to the actual structure that you live in. It will cover these items if your rental home becomes damaged or destroyed by a fire or natural disasters, such as a tornado, high winds, hailstorm, or blizzard.

If your home is broken into and some of your items are stolen, your renters' insurance will help to replace those items. Also, if someone vandalizes your property, once again your renters' insurance will cover it when your landlord’s policy will not. For example, if you come home from work to find that your door is broken and your TV and computers are gone and half your personal belongings have been vandalized, your renters' insurance will help you replace these items. Many times, when there is a fire, the tenants of the house or apartment are left with nothing but the clothes on their backs because they do not have a renters' insurance policy. To save yourself a lot of pain and anguish, it is much better to plan and obtain a renters' insurance policy, just in case the unforeseen happens.

To choose the best renters insurance policy for you and your situation, you need to enlist the help of an experienced and trusted insurance agent. The renters' insurance agents at the Butterbaugh Insurance Center in Iowa have what it takes to create the best policy for you and give you the peace of mind you deserve. Call for an appointment today!